TDE4N-UN relay - Timer, delay-off, 4 pole
DescriptionPlug-in electronic railway timer relay with four change-over contacts for reliable switching of very low currents (1 mA @5 VDC) up to currents of 10A @ 110VDC. When the relay is de-energized there is a delay on drop-out without any auxiliary power supply. The delay time is adjustable with a lockable knob. The relay can also be supplied with a fixed time delay (no knob).
The relay is equipped with one LED which indicates the presence of power supply.
The built-in magnetic arc blow-out ensures adequate DC breaking capacity resulting in long contact life. The integrated contact separation prevents cross pollution of contacts. On the relay cover the serial number and data matrix code are shown for ease of traceability.
The construction of the relay and choice of materials makes the TDE4N-UN relay suitable to withstand low and high temperatures, shock & vibration and dry to humid environments.
No external retaining clip needed as integrated ‘snap-lock’ will hold relay into socket under all circumstances and mounting orientations.
Compact design, choice of many options and a wide range of sockets makes the TDE4N-UN relay an easy and flexible solution to use.
ApplicationThe TDE4N-UN is used in applications where a time delay on drop-out is necessary after de-energizing the relay, without using auxiliary supply. Relays continue to play a vital role in reliable train operation. Key functions are galvanic isolation between control (computers/ PLC’s) and power circuits providing system isolation, contact multiplication and amplification.
Other unique features are:
- predictable failure behavior (Fail Safe) making system safety validation a lot more simple than using computer based solutions like PLC’s
- long term availability (no obsolescence)
- easy maintenance by plug-in feature and transparent cover
- unlike more sensitive electronics, relays are insensitive to EMI
- Time delay relay, delay on drop-out
- No auxiliary power supply necessary
- Compact plug-in design, 4 C/O contacts
- Delay time adjustable by lockable knob
- Also available with fixed time delay
- Total time delay range: 0 s...180 s
- Magnetic arc blow-out ensuring long contact life
- Back EMF suppression diode
- One LED for voltage presence, red or green
- Suitable for AC and DC voltage
- Minimum switching current 1 mA
- Maximum continuous current 10 A
- Wide temperature range -40 ⁰C...+70 ⁰C
- Mechanical life > 30 million operations
- Electrical life e.g. > 10 million operations at 0.5 A, 24 VDC
- Data matrix code with serial number for traceability
- Integrated snaplock, no external retaining clip needed
- Transparent cover for visual inspection
- Many options and sockets available
- EN 50155 : 2017 Railway applications - Rolling stock - Electronic equipment
- IEC 60571: 2012 Railway applications - Electronic equipment used on rolling stock
- IEC 60947-5-1: 2016 / IEC 60947-5-4: 2012 Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear
- IEC 61373: 2010 Railway applications - Rolling stock equipment - Shock and vibration tests
- EN 50121-3-2: 2016 Railway applications - Electromagnetic compatibility
- NF F16-101/102 Railway rolling stock - Fire behavior
- EN 45545-2: 2015 Railway applications - Fire protection on railway vehicles
Part 2: Requirements for fire behavior of materials and components