MTDV4-U200N relay - Voltage monitoring, timer delay-on /-off, 4 pole
DescriptionPlug-in electronic railway voltage monitoring relay withfour change-over contacts for reliable switching of very lowcurrents (1 mA @ 5 VDC) up to currents of 10A @ 110VDC.
The relay has optionally a delay on pull-in and/or on dropout.The delay time is adjustable with a lockable knob(either delay-on or delay-off, the other delay is fixed). Therelay can also be supplied with fixed time delays (no knob).The pull-in voltage (Uon) and drop-out voltage (Uoff) areboth adjustable via internal screws. The relay can also besupplied with a fixed pull-in and drop-out voltage. Suitablefor monitoring DC voltages.
The MTDV4-U200N offers a very small hysteresis(difference between pull-in and drop-out voltage). The relayis equipped with a LED which indicates the status of therelay contacts and activation of the time delay. Delay-offfunction for voltage drop up to 50% of minimum pull-involtage, no auxiliary supply necessary.
The built-in magnetic arc blow-out ensures adequateDC breaking capacity resulting in long contact life. Theintegrated contact separation prevents cross pollution ofcontacts. On the relay cover the serial number and datamatrix code are shown for ease of traceability.
The construction of the relay and choice of materials makethe MTDV4-U200N relay suitable to withstand low andhigh temperatures, shock & vibrating and dry to humidenvironments. No external retaining clip needed asintegrated ‘snap-lock’ will hold relay into socket under allcircumstances and mounting directions.
ApplicationThe MTDV4-U200N is used in demanding rolling stock applicationsfor voltage monitoring with or without time delay(s).Relays continue to play a vital role in reliable train operation.Key functions are galvanic isolation between control (computers/PLC’s) and power circuits providing system isolation,contact multiplication and amplification.
Other unique features are:
- predictable failure behavior (Fail Safe) making systemsafety validation a lot more simple than using computerbased solutions like PLC’s
- long term availability (no obsolescence)
- easy maintenance by plug-in feature and transparent cover
- unlike more sensitive electronics, relays are insensitive toEMI
- DC voltage monitoring relay with time delay
- Compact plug-in design
- 4 C/O contacts
- Drop-out and pull-in voltage adjustable via internal screws
- Also available with fixed pull-in and drop-out voltage (nointernal screws)
- Time delay on pull-in and/or drop-out
- 1 delay time adjustable with a lockable knob, other delay timefixed
- Also available with fixed time delays (no knob)
- No auxiliary supply necessary
- Magnetic arc blow-out ensuring long contact life
- 1 LED for status indication
- Minimum switching current 1 mA
- Maximum continuous current 10 A
- Wide temperature range -40 ⁰C...+70 ⁰C
- Mechanical life > 30 million operations
- Electrical life e.g. > 10 million operations at 0.5 A, 24 VDC
- Data matrix code with serial number for traceability
- Integrated snap-lock, no external retaining clip needed
- Transparent cover for visual inspection
- Many options and sockets available
- EN 50155 : 2017 Railway applications - Rolling stock - Electronic equipment
- IEC 60571: 2012 Railway applications - Electronic equipment used on rolling stock
- IEC 60947-5-1: 2016 / IEC 60947-5-4: 2012 Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear
- IEC 61373: 2010 Railway applications - Rolling stock equipment - Shock and vibrationtests
- EN 50121-3-2: 2016 Railway applications - Electromagnetic compatibility
- NF F16-101/102 Railway rolling stock - Fire behavior
- EN 45545-2: 2015 Railway applications - Fire protection on railway vehiclesPart 2: Requirements for fire behavior of materials and components